If you search for an SEO strategy for a new website that will help you to boost your site’s rank and organic traffic on Google, you have quite recently found it.
We have assembled the top 10 SEO checklists for new websites that you need to drive success in 2021 and tasks that you need to think about it.
From the SEO fundamentals to must-knows while investigating your off-page signals, utilize this as a reference point for guaranteeing that your website is holding fast to best practice and that you have not been kept down by issues that you have missed.
Beginners Guide: SEO Checklist for New Website
Here’s a top 10 SEO strategy for a new website that can save you golden time and lift your SEO. Let’s start with the ten most significant SEO checklists for a new site which are;
The below plays a vital role in expanding your on-page optimization and assists you carry more traffic from search engines to the targeted keywords.
You can’t rank better in search engine results without keywords. Everybody needs to do keyword research before they start writing their blogs. Try to add as many long-tail keywords as possible if you need to get more search engine rankings because they contribute to 75% of traffic.
- Do you use the top keyword inside your niche, H2, H3 tags, Alt tags?
- Do you use the LSI top keywords for your main keyword?
#2 H1 Tag
The H1 tag is the main ranking factor. Make sure to create a unique H1 tag that is not using elsewhere (you can utilize Google Search before to ensure you are using a specific title). Here’s a checklist for H1 tags:
- Is the title tag 60 characters?
- Is it unique and easy to read?
- Is the grammar check completed?
- Have you added your main keyword in your title?
#3 H2 and H3 Tags
Like the title tag, H2, and H3 tags are pivotal while content optimization. They can serve you as sub-headings to provide better insight to your visitors while skimming through your blog posts.
- Did you add at least one H2 tag with your top keyword?
- Did you add at least three H3 tags inside your content?
The next important step is linking, which is critical. There are two kinds of links:
- Internal links (Existing pages)
- and External links (Other websites)
#4 Meta Description
Your meta description is the thing that springs up when somebody looks for a term in Google Search. And, make a point to remember it for each post. Here’s a checklist for meta description tags:
- Is the description under 140 characters?
- Is it unique and click-worthy?
- Is the grammar check completed?
- Have you added your main keyword in your description?
In your search engine rankings, URL plays an important role. Shorten your URL structure for better visibility for the keywords that you need to rank. Moreover, use concise URLs for the best search and user experience.
- Is your URL concise?
- Does it add your main keyword?
- Do you remove unwanted articles (a, an, the)?
- Is your URL structure completely optimized?
#6 Internal Links
Internal links will help you with decent crawling rates from search engines. A lot, you link to your internal blog posts anywhere you publish content for better search rankings.
- Did you link the most familiar pages?
- Did you add a link to the relevant pages of your site?
Note: Make internal links look natural (Do not stuff links with keyword-based anchor text)
#7 Outbound Links
Some bloggers do not understand the significance of linking relevant and external websites to their content. On the other hand, it is one of the top-ranking factors when you link to authority and relevant websites.
- Are there any affiliate links?
- Did you link to authoritative websites inside your niche?
- Did you link to any relevant pages from other websites for better rankings?
Using a minimum of one image for every blog you post can bring you huge readers and do wonders because people use Google image search to track their favorite content. Ensure to give credit if you are utilizing other images. I suggest you use free copyrighted pictures if possible.
- Is the Alt tag added?
- Have you enhanced your image size?
- Are you adding at least one picture per blog post?
- Is your picture copyright-free?
- Is your image edited with the appropriate size in pixels?
#9 User Engagement
The social likes, shares, and comments your blog post gets, each user engagement include improving better search engine rankings.
- Do you use CTA at the end of the post?
- Do you use social sharing buttons?
- Do you reply to your comments?
#10 Page Speed
Use Pingdom tools to discover your website loading time. In case it takes more than three seconds to load, go through these tips to speed up your website.
- Try not to use any colossal files or flash pictures to hinder your website performance and page speed.
- Use Google PageSpeed Insights to get suggestions and ensure your page loading time is faster, in case not your page loading within three seconds.
Tips to Keep In Mind on SEO for New Site
Below are some primary SEO tips that you must remember while using the SEO checklist for a new website in 2021 to improve search rankings.
- Find long-tail keywords
- Set up Google Analytics goals
- Take care of 404-page errors
- Choose versions between www and non-www
- Move your website to the HTTP version
- Make a sitemap.xml
- Create robots.txt file
- Link Google Webmaster tools account with Google Analytics
Always Watch Out for These 3 Things in Your SEO Strategy for New Website
- Mobile-friendly site
- Site speed
- A periodic check for broken links
3 Tips for Quick Link Building
- Build links from guest posts
- Make links from infographics
- Create links using the blogger outreach method
Time to Start!
I generally use this SEO for a new site I run to increase its search engine rankings rapidly. That is why I decided to compose this post that will help you to improve your SEO.
Learn more: How to Write SEO-Friendly Content for Website?